The ego is only an illusion, but
a very influential one.
Letting the ego-illusion become
your identity can prevent you
from knowing your true self.
Ego, the false idea of believing
that you are what you have or
what you do, is a backwards
way of assessing
and living life.
Academy of Awakening
The “ego” gets blamed for a lot of things.
- It is allegedly responsible for bolstering our self esteem to an incomprehensible amount.
- It makes us feel very important.
- It keeps us from sleeping on the street. (most of the time)
- It makes us feel so worthy.
- It makes us say things we shouldn’t say. (sometimes offensive to others)
- It makes us do things that our humble self would run away from.
- It makes us strive to earn more and more money.
- It makes us buy a nicer, bigger house, even when we can’t afford it.
- It makes us buy several expensive sports cars so we can show off to the neighbors.
The belief that – you are what you own, can prove to be a product of a big ego.
An over induced ego can cause you to live a life of competition and strife.
Where as, if you can keep your ego in check, realizing that it is an important part of your human make up, it can help you survive and stay alive.
You can live a prosperous life while having a healthy, normal, rational ego.
All it takes is a proportional amount of BALANCE.
And a healthy self esteem.
Of coarse you need material things.
Material things are a product of fulfilling your earthly desires.
And who would want to live in a totally self deprived situation if they weren’t forced into it?
The problem with an over inflated, or illusional ego is that it causes people to
try to be “better than” someone else.
And that makes it the cause of a lot of fights among people who otherwise care about each other.
So keep your ego in check and live a life of knowing your true self,
where the ego plays an important
but not all consuming, part of your life.
If you need help raising your energy level, or vibration, contact me at “Linda L Young.com” for more information,
or for ongoing, upcoming events and classes.
Remember to Live life to the fullest – Every day, and be compassionate to everyone, including yourself!
Do what you LOVE.
and keep doing the things that make you happy!
Live – Laugh – Love
Leave the past in the past and enjoy the day you have right now…
Copyright © 2018 Linda L Young